Over 30 years ago, Pirate: Contemporary Art opened in Denver, Colorado as an audacious and eclectic alternative, artist-run cooperative art space. Today, little has changed - although our space has gotten slightly smaller and our front door relocated about 50 feet south of the corner. Many member artists have come and gone, but Pirate persists. It's an institution that remains flexible and edgy.
"There are quite a few really important arts organizations that support local artists with quality programming and opportunities to advance their work. My top three (besides my own gallery) are PlatteForum, Pirate: Contemporary Art and RedLine."
-Westword, Thursday, Sep 27 2012
- January 1 - 10
- 36th Anniversary Show
- January 15 - 31
- Shannon Kelly
- February 5- 21
- Nicole Banowetz / Lucas McMahon
- February 26 – March 13
- Craig Robb / Heather Kegel
- March 18 - April 3
- Phil Bender / William Manke
- April 8 - 24
- Bug / Maeve Leslie
- April 29 -May 15
- Rebecca Cumming / Eric Anderson
- May 20 - June 5
- Laura Phellis Rogers / Brian Cavanaugh
- June 10 - 26
- Charles Livingston / Lisa Kerns
- July 1 - 17
- Debra Sanders and Korri Marshall / Dominic Muttel
- July 22 - August 7
- Tsogo Mijid / Dateline: Pop-up
- August 12 - 28
- Michael Brohman / Walter Barton
- September 2 - 18
- Robert Green / Chrissy Espinoza
- September 23 - October 9
- Louis Recchia / Dylan Gebbia-Richards
- October 14 - 30
- Day of the Dead
- November 4 - 20
- UCD Sculpture Club / d1dn
- November 25 - 11
- Juried Show / Alicia Ordal
- December 16 – January 1
- 37th Anniversary Show
- Thursday 6/9 pm
- Friday 6/10 pm
- Saturday 12/6 pm
- Sunday 12/5 pm
- By Appointment
3655 Navajo St. Denver CO, 80211
Have a party, reception, or meeting, that you need a larger space for? Pop-up events, wine tastings, birthdays, weddings!
Consider renting Pirate for your event!
Rental of the space begins at $350.00.
Call 303-909-5748 for more information or to secure a rental date.