Pirates closing party May 6th
Come say gooodbye to our old space!
Over 30 years ago, Pirate: Contemporary Art opened in Denver, Colorado as an audacious and eclectic alternative, artist-run cooperative art space. Today, little has changed - although our space has gotten slightly smaller and our front door relocated about 50 feet south of the corner. Many member artists have come and gone, but Pirate persists. It's an institution that remains flexible and edgy.
"There are quite a few really important arts organizations that support local artists with quality programming and opportunities to advance their work. My top three (besides my own gallery) are PlatteForum, Pirate: Contemporary Art and RedLine."
-Westword, Thursday, Sep 27 2012
April 21 – May 7
Laura Phelps Rogers / Maeve Leslie
Closing Reception: May 6th
- January 7 - 22
- Justin Beard / Kat Nechleba
- January 27 - February 12
- Shannon Kelly / Noah Sodano
- February 17 - March 5
- Brian Cavanaugh / Lucas McMahon
- March 10 - 26
- Craig Robb / Heather Kegel
- March 31 - April 16
- Phil Bender / Judith Grey
- April 21 - May 7
- Laura Phelps Rogers / Maeve Leslie
- May 12 - 28
- Rebecca Cumming / Eric Anderson
- June 2 - 18
- Bug / Jonathan Dow
- June 23 - July 9
- Charles Livingston / Lisa Kerns
- July 14 - 30
- Debra Sanders and Korri Marshall / Dominic Muttel
- August 4 - 20
- Tsogo Mijid / Chip Lynch
- August 25 - September 10
- Nichole Banowetz / Walter Barton
- September 15 - October 1
- Robert Green / Chrissy Espinoza
- October 6 - 22
- Louis Recchia / Dylan Gebbia-Richards
- October 27 - November 12
- Day of the Dead
- November 17 - December 3
- CU Denver Sculpture Club / d1dn
- December 8 - December 24
- Juried Show / Alicia Ordal
- December 29 – January 14, 2018
- 38th Anniversary Show
- Friday 6/10 pm
- Saturday 12/6 pm
- Sunday 12/5 pm
- By Appointment
3655 Navajo St. Denver CO, 80211
Have a party, reception, or meeting, that you need a larger space for? Pop-up events, wine tastings, birthdays, weddings!
Consider renting Pirate for your event!
Rental of the space begins at $350.00.
Call 303-909-5748 for more information or to secure a rental date.